Chalet Gingembre, Nendaz, Switzerland
A luxury chalet in the up and coming Swiss resort of Nendaz.
105 minutes - Geneva Airport
20 minutes - Sion Airport
Chalet Gingembre is a five bedroom luxury chalet in the up and coming Swiss resort of Nendaz in the Four Valleys area which is the second largest ski area in Switzerland.
The chalet benefits from traditional styling combined with modern convenience in a light and airy design and with open plan living areas and high quality finishes from one of the leading developers in Switzerland.
The elevated position typically enjoys excellent snow from December to April. Chalet Gingembre, and its sister chalets Etoile, Lune and Renard, are approximately two kms from Nendaz village and 250m from direct access to the slopes.
In winter, ski in and ski out of your own front door; in summer, enjoy one of the sunniest and prettiest parts of Switzerland.
Haute-Nendaz is a fine traditional resort just above the historic old village of Nendaz and in the heart of the Four Valley ski domain. This extends as far as Veysonnaz, Thyon 2000, La Tzoumaz and exclusive Verbier and offers an amazing 412km of pistes and 92 ski lifts starting right on your doorstep. You can ski in to Verbier for lunch in less than 45 minutes.
Unlike some ski resorts there's something to do here all year round for the whole family. The mountain biking is superb, and in summer, golf is just 20 minutes away.
There's a whole variety of places to eat close at hand but if you're feeling more adventurous try nearby Sion, the capital of the Valais canton, where you can find excellent wine and traditional Swiss food from the famous fondues to less well-known specialities like the Zürcher Geschnetzeltes casserole or the honey biscuits called Basler Leckerli.
- Five bedrooms, sleeping 12, all with en suite facilities
- One bunk room, sleeping four children
- Open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area, with fabulous views of the distant mountain panorama
- State of the art, modern kitchen
- Open staircase and contemporary fireplace
- Under floor heating
- Fabulous views from the balcony which also includes a hot tub
- During the ski season, chalet staff are available to provide you and your guests with catering and ski transfers
- 2kms from the centre of Nendaz village
- Top-class audio-visual equipment, including flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose and iPod music system, an extensive collection of music and Nintendo Wii games consoles
- A DVD film library, paperback library, and a selection of toys and games for young children
- Laptop, printer and wi-fi internet
- High quality bed linen
- Luxury towels, hot tub towels and bathrobes
- A selection of luxury toiletries
- A plentiful supply of kitchen essentials
- Baby cots and highchairs