Maliga Kanda, Galle, Sri Lanka
A magnificent colonial style villa in an incredibly picturesque part of Sri Lanka.
180 minutes by car/45 minutes by sea plane - Colombo Bandaranaike Airport
Maliga Kanda means Mountain Palace and this colonial style property is aptly situated on a hill top next to a serene Buddhist temple which is reputed to be over 700 years old. The stunning location boasts a diverse landscape of beautiful beaches, rolling hills, paddy fields and tropical jungle.
The secure seven bedroom villa is located in a peaceful and private area of Galle, approximately 125 kms from Colombo and 10 kms from Galle
The stunning mountain setting means that Members will enjoy the sound of gibbons, monkeys and birds whilst they relax in the extensive landscaped grounds and private infinity pool. A full complement of staff will ensure that Members are able to make the most of their stay.
Known as the jewel of the Indian Ocean, the tropical island of Sri Lanka has a history dating back to the birth of time. Few destinations can offer travellers such a remarkable combination of stunning landscapes, pristine beaches, captivating cultural heritage and unique experiences within such a compact location. Visit one of Sri Lanka’s 15 National Parks, lush tea estates, botanical gardens, or 350 waterfalls.
Local Sri Lankans welcome visitors to their country with pride and delight in sharing their national cuisines or talking about their much loved sport of cricket.
In the South, Galle has been described as a "living time capsule" and is fast becoming known as one of the best-preserved examples of colonial life in Asia. Its previous Dutch, Portuguese, British and Muslim inhabitants have all left their stamp on the town's architecture
Maliga Kanda is located 10km from Galle Fort and only a short distance away from some of the pristine beaches for which Sri Lanka is so highly regarded.
The stunning mountain setting of the property means that Members will enjoy the sound of gibbons, monkeys and birds whilst they relax in the extensive landscaped grounds and private pool.
The tropical weather and sea breeze make Maliga Kanda a year round location. There are some great day trips to be had visiting beaches, games reserves, white water rafting, and cycling.
- Five bedrooms in the main house and an extra two bedrooms of guest accommodation in the grounds if required
- Games area, fitness room and spa room
- Air conditioning throughout
- Heated private infinity pool
- Top-class audio-visual equipment, including flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose and iPod music system, an extensive collection of music and Nintendo Wii games consoles
- Wi-fi internet
- A DVD film library, paperback library, and a selection of toys and games for young children
- High quality bed linen
- Luxury towels, pool towels and bathrobes
- A selection of luxury toiletries
- A plentiful supply of kitchen essentials
- Live-in staff (in separate staff quarters) who are available to cook, clean, iron, launder and baby-sit as required
- A large car and driver available for Members